What is it?
The term netiquette refers to the etiquette of the Internet. Although it may feel remote and distant when you send someone an email message, remember that the recipient of your message will read the message, and know that it was sent by you. Therefore you should be careful when composing your email messages.
Netiquette is based on good manners and common sense. So, as with other forms of written communication, it is good practice to observe the rules below.
- acknowledge receipt of your email if required.
- do not use offensive language.
- be polite to other users of the Internet.
- speak and treat your facilitator and fellow students with respect.
TIPS - if someone has written you an inflammatory email or posted something on a group discussion board which has offended you, take time out before you reply. Sometimes angry, hasty replies do nothing to solve a dispute.
Do's and Don'ts in the Internet
- Use the Internet to help with schoolwork.
- Use the Internet to meet children in other countries
- Be careful with your personal information
- Respect the privacy of other users on the Internet
- Be careful when you copy ("download") programs from the Internet.
- Don't give your password to anyone.
- Don't arrange to meet anyone you've met on the Internet
- Don't try to break into computers.
- Don't make copies of any copyrighted material
- Don't copy material that you find on the Internet and pretend that it's your own work.
Internet security is a branch of computer security specifically related to the Internet, often involving browser security but also network security on a more general level as it applies to other applications or operating systems on a whole. Its objective is to establish rules and measures to use against attacks over the Internet. The Internet represents an insecure channel for exchanging information leading to a high risk of intrusion or fraud, such as phishing. Different methods have been used to protect the transfer of data, including encryption.
The types of security threats
*There are more then 21 internet security threats that are not stated. These are just for you to get to know some of it.
*Don't hesitate to post a comment guys after reading.. =D